Thursday, February 11, 2010

Word to your sister

So the great thing about little sisters is how much there is to teach them. While many people boast that their babies can say mama, dada, dog and other basic words, I decided that Rowan would be better served with a more practical repertoire for communication. Which is why I've helped her develop the following abilities:
  • barking like a dog
  • ooh-ooh-oohing like a monkey
  • mooing like a cow
  • uh-ohing
  • fake sneezing (a loud and very obnoxious "aaaaaah-choo!")
Sure, we may be a bit short on real words right now. Really just "mama" and "muh," which you might imagine means "more" but literally translates to, "I see whatever that is in your hands and I'd like to eat it. Now."

With a little more time, I'm sure I can help Rowan talk the talk. As for walking the walk...hey, I'm just a big sister. Not a miracle worker.

No comments: