Sunday, May 8, 2011

Passing the bars


Last Sunday, my friend's dad brought a kite to the park, and it reminded me about my own kite, which has been collecting dust in our garage all winter. And so started the obsession with bringing my dragon kite to the park.

Although my mom promised that we'd head back the next weekend, every day on our way home from school, I asked if we could go to the park. Somewhere around the middle of the week (and the 14th request), my mom said, "Jillian, it's kinda hard for Daddy to get to the park to fly a kite during the week."

"It's not hard to fly a kite," I retorted.

Despite my snappy rebuttal, it took us 'til today to finally make it to the park with the kite. And then it took about 10 minutes for me to discover that once it's in the air, the exciting portion of kite flying is essentially over. So I made my way over to playground.

Which is how today became the day that I mastered the monkey bars. Made it across all by myself for the first time! And as I jumped down from the last bar and brushed a little mulch from my hands, I declared, "Now I'm a big kid!!"

Which reminded my mom on this Mother's Day that the time really does go too fast.





With the monkey bars mastered, Dad and I decided to turn our attention to hopskotching on the way home.

No comments: