Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Biker chick

When I was just a little kid, my dad bought me my first bike -- a pink and purple Kettler Kettrike. When Mommy made the argument for buying the gender-neutral version, Daddy insisted that I would never be willing to turn my bicycle over to a younger sibling, so we might as well make it girly. And Daddy told me when I learned to pedal the Kettler, we'd get a big girl bike.

Fast forward about two years and I'm still not peddling the Kettler, but I did pedal this other bike of mine (also pink) and Daddy said pedaling is pedaling...let's get this kid a big girl bike! And so it has come to pass that last Wednesday another pink bike was added to my collection. The Trek Mystic, tricked out with some flashy streamers and a bell. I can't pedal it yet, but boy do I look cute trying.

And with this major milestone achievement, I would just like Rowan to know...you still can't have my Kettrike.


September 2007: Taking the Kettler for a spin around the city



Showing the crowd a little enthusiasm for the helmet-fitting process


And here's where they took my bike away to "tune it up"...as if I didn't know they were just taking it out for one last spin in the back parking lot.

No comments: