Friday, June 4, 2010

Be like me

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

That's just a long string of words I don't understand.

But I'm told it means that I'm supposed to think it's pretty cool that my little sister wants to be just like me. And while some big brothers and sisters are quickly annoyed by a younger sibling that follows them around, mesmerized by their every move, I don't mind it.

For instance, I don't mind when my sister goes through my drawers and picks out a pair of my pants or one of my sweaters, and then relentlessly insists that my mom put it on her, despite the fact that it is two sizes two big.

And I don't mind that she always tries to claim my fashion-forward style sense for herself. Like last week, when I declared swimming goggles to be the hottest accessory for summer and wore them around the house after breakfast. (In fact, I even picked my outfit for the day specifically to match them.)

And I totally respected how she threw a tantrum when Mom tried to remove them. Way to stand by my your fashion convictions, Rowan.



And I don't mind that she likes to crash my music-video shoots, even though her musical techniques are a bit unorthodox.


Okay, so I kinda mind when she wants to sit in my bed and read a book just like me. Not that I'm not flattered, but let's face it -- the kid's a personal-space invader and she doesn't respect the literature.

No comments: