Monday, January 3, 2011

Computer tutor


When Grandma and Poppy came to stay last month, Mom temporarily relocated her office to the family room. The introduction of the computer into our main living space created an obsession with playing computer games -- not just for me, but Rowan, too.

Since Rowan's enthusiasm for computers has ended badly in the past (like the space bar key that she ripped off my dad's laptop keyboard a couple months ago), I giver her a hand whenever she wants to play. Here I am helping her coordinate wardrobes for Strawberry Shortcake and her friends.

(The password is notesfromgaga)

Despite the camaraderie it's building, my mom thinks the computer's new location is a bad idea for many reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:

1. A 2-ton computer on a folding table wobbles like a bobblehead. Not good.
2. A 2-year-old on a folding chair in front of a computer wobbles in an equally precarious fashion. Less good.
3. A member of this household RIPS THE KEYS OFF OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES. VERY BAD.

But like many decisions made under this roof, logic is not a key factor, and so the computer is staying. Thus, in the interest of space bar keys everywhere, I am trying to give Rowan a few pointers in how to respect the technology.

(The password is notesfromgaga)





1 comment:

mozart55 said...

Jenifer,
Your girls are so cute. I enjoy the opportunity to watch them grow up from afar.