Sunday, March 14, 2010

Patron of the arts

When I was 22-months-old, my dad took me to the movie theater for the first time. We saw Madagascar II and my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time.

Since then, we've made trips to the movies "our thing." We've gone together to see The Princess and the Frog, Planet 51, Astro Boy, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, A Christmas Carol, Bolt and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Technically, we saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 1.25 times in a total of two different theaters. And I took away from that movie a number of valuable life lessons, not the least important of which was that you should always chew your popcorn well before swallowing. Or you will need to return for the second showing to an entirely different theater in an entirely different town where you needn't fear being recognized by the custodial staff.

I digress.

My point is that going to the movie theater is a special thing I enjoy doing with my dad. And with all the practice under my belt, we decided to kick things up a notch and go to a theater to see my first live show.

For those of you who enjoy a good trip to the thee-ay-ter, I highly recommend the musical Nickelodeon's Storytime Live. The singing was excellent. The acting superb. And the souvenirs second to none.





No comments: